Re: Rear Susp. Bump Stop Question (TR6)

To: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Rear Susp. Bump Stop Question (TR6)
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:18:55 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

Many thanks for the reply.  I didn't realise that the t/arms were of
aluminium plate construction.  Given the galvanic effects, I'm not sure
that the bolt/stud extractor is going to do it.  My previous stud removal
nightmares all have the same ingedients: hard stud/soft boss.  My successes
with stud extractors are limited to semi-lubricated and similar metal
situations.  I sought advice from a local performance shop, and their
advice was drill our verrrrry carefully and re-tap the threads, and pray
that you don't damage the boss.  So it looks like I know which way I've got
to go.

Your point about the PO raises another question: is the loss of bump stops
unusual?  And if not, what can I do to make sure I don't loose the new ones!

Thanks

Tony

'72 TR6 CC79849U