Alternative TR6 wheels/GT6 spin-on

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternative TR6 wheels/GT6 spin-on
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:37:56 PDT
Hi, all.
It has come to my attention that the 240-280ZX family has both the
proper bolt circle and correct backspacing for the TR range--I have seen
a picture of a red TR4 with 280ZX 14" alloys on it, and a friend of mine
fitted 280ZX turbo 15" x 6" alloys to his backspace was perfect (4"),
only required different wheelnuts.  As for the spin-on adapter, I have
balked at fitting one once I saw the puny filter you have to fit, and at
a oil-droozling-when-changing angle.  When I fit mine, I am fitting a
filter relocation kit at the same time, to allow me to use a 'proper'
one quart filter (or perhaps a double filter block), placed some where
vertically, and easily accessible.

Cheers

Scott Kohl
'69 GT6+