Re: Off Subject: Garage floor coatings

Subject: Re: Off Subject: Garage floor coatings
From: Jack McCarrick <jmccarr@iwaynet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 07:27:56 -0400
Ralph,
I've been looking at the same thing to keep the dust down and the floor dryer.
I've zeroed in on Epoxy finishes for the floor, but have not done anything
yet.  It looks like you scrub up all the oil and then acid wash the floor
before applying.    I also talked to Sherwin-Williams (Commercial outlet) they
recommended the Epoxy and then a clear poly over it to further seal against
brake fluid etc.  The Epoxies seem to be about 2-3 times higher cost than
regular house enamel.  Regular enamel does not  wear well.  I don't expect to
try to do this until next spring, since the weather is starting to change and
it will take a while to prep the floor.