RE: TR6 transmission

To: "'Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP'" <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Subject: RE: TR6 transmission
From: gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com (Gordon Buck)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:55:43 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Frank,
I don't have any experience or real info, but I you might check out the
following guy in New Zealand.  I am contemplating this very thing.  I
understand you can get the bellhousing and other necessary items from him and
buy the Supra trans here .  Web site is:
http://www.conversioncomp.co.nz

The following are copies of previous e-mails I saved:

[I have received e-mail and snail-mail from Colin at Conversion Components. The
kits look very clean, the price is not outrageous. 2776 NZ$ with close ratio
gearbox as of June '98. I will probably go this route for my '71 TR6 in late
August or early September. I'm still getting psyched-up to spend that kind of
money.

Mark Sthalke

On 27-Jul-98, Cliff Hansen wrote:

>I have some info from a New Zealand company called Conversion
>Components.  They list TR4-TR6 conversion to a Toyota Supra
>5-speed gearbox, including gearbox, bellhousing, clutch parts, speedo
>cable, crossmember, and shipping for roughly $2400 NZ (about
>$1400 US.) You can omit the gearbox and save $500 NZ.
>The flyer is from November 1997.  I haven't dealt
>with them.

>Conversion Components
>2 Martha Street, Waihi, New Zealand
http://www.conversioncomp.co.nz