TR3 rear apron differences

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 rear apron differences
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:17:44 -0400
Greetings Worldly Scions,

My TR3B was hit pretty hard in the rear before I got it. The DPPO (Previous
once removed) had some awful bodywork done to the rear apron that got
things sort of close. I am thinking of replacing the rear apron, that's the
part that goes from behind the boot lid all the way down to the underside
of the car. The spare tire lid attaches to the middle of the apron.

I looked at the Moss catalog, and find three rear aprons listed, One for
the TR2 up to TS16472, the next is TS16473 to TS60000, and the last is
TS60001 to the end of production. My TR3B would call for the last one.

In the Moss price list, under the part number for the part I need, it says
use the pre-TS60000 apron. I assume the post-TS60000 apron in unavailable.

So, anyone know the differences? Has anyone tried to put this earlier panel
on a post-TS60000 car? How tough is this panel to replace?