Re: TR6 Thrust Washers

To: Cwn74@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Thrust Washers
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:31:40 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< In a message dated 10/15/98 9:16:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 lang@isis.mit.edu writes:

 >  Sorry to hear about your tribulations. I had a similar problem when the
DCO
 >  (ME!) installed a set of T.W. _backwards_ and wound up cutting into the
 >  crankshaft. Badly. The crank was trash.

 Wasn't the block damaged also?
 Clark

Clark and all,

No, when the washer wears excessively, it will first wear into the face of the
cap since it is wider than the block side.  The cap is what keeps the washer
from slipping out of place.  Eventually the cap wears to the point that it no
longer retains the washer, then the washer will slip out of its position.  If
you catch the problem soon enough, it can be an easy fix such as in my case.

Scott Helms
http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/tr6.html