Adjustment for altitude?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Adjustment for altitude?
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@anr.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:40:25 -0400
OK, here's a puzzle,

I moved the TR4A from Virginia Beach (sea level) to Albuquerque
(5000 ft.)  Now the car won't idle when cold, choke doesn't seem
to help to any degree, and the engine lacks power
at all speeds when warm.  Its just not as peppy as it
was.  I haven't touched a thing under the hood.  So it must
be that the altitude change is enough to change the carburetion.

My instincts tell me it running richer than it should.  Lower atmospheric
pressure means less oxygen in the same volume of air.  Anyone
know if I'm thinking right?

Thanks for the advice...

Cliff Hansen
chansen@anr.net