Re: Why do you drive classic cars?

To: <Windoseat@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Why do you drive classic cars?
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:16:36 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Amen,  I love it when you hit a curve at 50 and need to accelerate into it.
My 64 Spitfire handles like a slot car compared to almost anything else I
own.  Especially since I installed the urethane bushings and the new shocks.
I have cars that go a lot faster and a lot more comfortably,
but there is something about going 70 mph 6 inches off the pavement.  You
look out and look at the neighboring cars in the center of the door panel.
Most of the occupants look out and see the top of your head over their
doors.  Unless you have the top up, that is.  You also notice a slight grin
creep across their faces touched with just a bit of envy as you go by.
Beside, how often can you say you know or have rebuilt or replaced just
about everything part in the car your in.  Malcolm Walker is a prime example
of building it from the ground up.  He'll know more about his car than any
one on the planet.

Larry