TR4a/5/6 coil-over rear suspension [was TR rear shocky conversion]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4a/5/6 coil-over rear suspension [was TR rear shocky conversion]
From: triumph@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 98 09:00:01 PDT
Cc: esp@hypermax.net.au
Terry O'beirne wrote:
        > Can anyone comment on the recently advertised conversion
        > to put a shocky inside the rear spring of the TR4a-6.

All I know is that Revington (UK) recently announced a coil-over
conversion, and that some welding is required.

I'm very interested in hearing about this (ie does it work, how
much, ride height/spring rates and will 15"x7" rims fit?).  My
initial reaction is that it should be great!

Any folk with some experience out there?

        Shane Ingate in San Diego