'64 TR4 distributor choices

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '64 TR4 distributor choices
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:03:06 EDT
Can someone shed light on which of the many distributor choices are best for a

standard open breather '64 TR4.

14 years ago I took out my sloppy 25D distributor and bought a rebuilt - the

parts guy gave me a DM2 - said it was right. Ran with that for years. It got

sloppy so bought a used one with a very tight supporting shaft bush and cam -

it's a 25D again like the original. Question is I noticed the DM2 has 14

'degree marks' punched on the weights and the 25D has '10 degree' marks

punched on its weights.

What is best for my car? Should I swap the weights? and what is the deal with

the 'multiple choice' springs from Moss? plug 'n play to see which works best?

seems weird...

can any TR4 guys help me with the weights and springs specs on a 25D

distributor?

Carl

'64 TR4

ps; Moss International's parts book is much more detailed than the Moss US

version but even so those guys didn't know about the degree marks.