Re: Sooty Rear End

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Sooty Rear End
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:40:21 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Dagnabit!!!
I've talked to Apple twice and both times they told me they don't sell the
seats, needles, or Honda valves. In fact the guy I talked to was laughing as
he just fell short of telling me I was crazy.
No, it wasn't Bob, so I know who to ask for next time.
Andy D.

On 10/20/98 08:09 PM Janssen, Lee K said...

>The following are two mail messages that I saved. Not a GT6 but my guess
is
>the solution is similar.
>Good Luck
>Lee Janssen
>Mostly Dark Denver CO
>
>Subject: TR6 Carb Jets - Where do you get them?
>

>>I've been having some trouble with my Zenith Stromberg 175 CD's on my
1974
>>TR6.  Symptoms include a slighty rich mixture that you just can't seem to
>>adjust out.  Car runs fine but the exhaust smells strongly of petrol and
>>the tailpipes stay quite black.
>>
>>After researching the problem (ie, talking to a friend who was once a
>>mechanic at a Triumph dealership) he suggested I check the jets and
make
>>sure they are not worn.
>>
>>After checking the carbs,  I found the jet in the carb body is elongated
>>(ie, they are no longer round).  My experience with SU's on the MGB has
>>been if the jets are worn, the car will never run correctly so I assume the
>>same is true for the Zenith.
>>
>>Where can I find the jets?  I've had no luck with the big three (TRF, Moss,
>>and Vicky Brit) but I've heard they are available in the UK.  Does anyone
>>know?
>>

>Try Apple Hydraulics at 800-882-7753,  I bought needles from them.  Their
>brochure says they also stock jets.
>
>Martin
>73 TR6
>

>From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@hiwaay.net>
>Subject: TR6 Carb Jets - Follow Up
>
>Fellow Scions,
>
>Thanks to all who responded on my question of where to find the carb jets
>for my '74 TR6.  This people on this list are a great resource and I truly
>appreciate everyone taking time to repond to my request.
>
>I thought I'd summarize what I found out for the benefit of the list:
>

>1.  Turns out Apple Hydraulics does carry them.  I talked to "Bob" (very
>helpful and friendly) and the jets are $15.00 each.
>2.  Despite what may have been said by some suppliers, the pressed in
jet
>is replaceable.  Apple Hydralics uses a brass honda valve guide (which
Bob