Broken Exhaust Manifold

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Broken Exhaust Manifold
From: fred griffiths <griffco@cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:47:58 -0700
I just put the Spitfire MK IV away for the winter, and wouldn't
you know it, today was one of the nicest days we have ever had (and
probablly will have for many months.)  I didn't dare - I had cancelled
the insurance last week during the snow storms.
        Anyway, I've lived with a noisy exhaust manifold for the past
year or so, getting worse, and thought it was just cracked, so I'd take
it off this fall and see about welding.
        Oh yeah. Darn thing came off in two parts!  Any suggestions for
1. repair
2. replac,ment with cast iron original type,
3. replacement with manufactured header?

All suggestions welcome.
Thanks, Fred
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths