Re: Oil Change-Notify the EPA

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <triumph@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Change-Notify the EPA
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:33:05 -0400
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Shane,

        RE:" I guess by your subject line you
already expect this :)"
        No, my subject line merely aknowledges that I am aware of the
reputation of this oil. To tell the truth, I expect few ill effects, though
I will
manfully admit my error if the car does in fact leak like a sieve...

        RE:"the synthetic cleans out the sludge around the old seals in
your
motor, the "sealing" property of the sludge will be lost, and all the
old seals will leak....lots!"
        What property of synthetic oil causes it to "clean out" sludge more
than mineral oil with the same SG or SH detergent package? In what time
frame
should I expect to see a difference?

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic