Re: TR4A What is right price

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A What is right price
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:30:00 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
At 02:47 PM 10/21/98 -0400, Tony Rhodes wrote:

snip

>As I listened more to the transmission yesterday, I became more
>concerned.  There is a noise that it makes when out of gear, but with
>my foot off the clutch.  It does not seem to be a throwout bearing
>as it does not go away until the clutch is fully disengaged.  When driving
>there is a noise from the trans as well.  I bet it has lived past its
>useful
>life and soon will need a rebuild.

Tony,

You have described the classic TR gearbox failure, the layshaft bearings
are most probably toast. There are NO miles left on this gearbox. I'll bet
draining the oil will give you an handful of roller bearings.

If it was driven much making this noise, a bunch of gears got destroyed as
well. You are talking about finding another gearbox.

 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 TR3B   TCF1927 L       Driver
 TR250  CD690 L         Soon to be Driver
 TR250  CD8096 L        Someday Driver
 TR250  CD1074 L        For Sale (soon!)

 Homepage         http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/