A pair of TR6s for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A pair of TR6s for sale
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:41:11 -0600 (MDT)

I've got a couple of TR6s that some local folks here in Salt Lake would like
to sell.  One is a late '73, bright yellow.  I hate to say this, but at this
point in its life it may be destined to be just a parts car.  The owner
would like to get maybe $800 for it, but with the advanced body rust that
may be a tad high.  Let's see, sell the motor for $300, the gearbox for
$350, the diff for $300, the hubs and axles for $100 each... have I hit $800
yet?  Anyway, it actually runs pretty well for a car that's been outside and
neglected for too long, tranny seems good, sounds like the diff mounts are
shot but I've not actually crawled under and checked out the frame for
cracking yet.

The second TR6 is a '74, currently red, was originally brown.  Compared to
the yellow '73, this is quite nice.  It also has been neglected, but I have
gotten it running, put in a new clutch and a few odds and ends.  Still needs
some things like new steering rack bushings, rear shock work, some
electrical, etc.  The body is in pretty good shape, close to being rust
free.  Some dings and dents here and there, some interesting repairs from a
previous owner and so on.  I'd say the value of this car is in the area of
$3,000 or so.

I could haul either one of these cars to California on my trip next month
to Palo Alto, but delivery elsewhere in the world would have to be arranged.

Let me know if you are interested.  If I get a chance I'll stick some photos
on my web site.

mjb.