TR6 Front fender replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Front fender replacement
From: TR66pack@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:28:12 EDT
Cc: JLZ69TR6@aol.com, mjmullin@juno.com
Good Morning Listers,

I watched a trailer back into my front right fender yesterday. Damage
estimates are $540. My car is solid and rust free but I've decided to replace
the fender with new instead of having the dents pounded out and the fender lip
resculpted.

I'm looking for two things - an inexpensive source for a new R.H. Front fender
(1974 TR6), and comments on what to do/expect during the removal/replacement
process. While I have the fender off I'm going to extend the scuttle drain
hose down and out of the fender cavity. Any tips for removing the fender,
getting through all the undercoating, and sealing/installing the new fender?
Thanks in advance!

Kerry Fores
6-Pack Editor
1974 TR6