TR engine rebuild

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR engine rebuild
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 98 11:09:46 CDT
Well, got the bad news from the machine shop.  The sleeves will have to be
bored (to 87mm), and the crank .10 over.  So, ordered pistons/rings,
bearings (cam, rod, mains), and thrust washers, gaskets, etc from British
Parts NW.  I have always had good parts/service from them, so hope to get
quality parts as their prices were considerably lower than "big 3".  Any
tips when I start the rebuild? This is the first time I've installed
sleeves, is there any trick to doing it right?  I plan to install the
figure 8 o-ring on the bottom of the block and just tap the sleeves in,
using a block of wood, to the proper clearance to block, then fix in place
with spacers, put the engine in the car, then bolt on the head. Sound ok?

Richard Triplett
Technical Services
Midland, Texas
915-683-2781