Driving twisty roads...

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Driving twisty roads...
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 22:41:54 -0700 (PDT)
I found out today that the TR4 really likes winding roads.  Especially
bumpy ones.  Sticks much better than anything else I've had the
(mispleasure) of driving.  Especially with a full tank of gas and plenty
of air in the front tires.

Also found out that when the sign says "30", I should go "30".  Also got a
crash course (not literally) in rear-end slide.  However, it's a lot more
fun to do silly things in a Triumph than in my Chevette.  When the 'vette
slips, I get scared... not so with a real sports car!

I was interrupted in my reverie of attempting to break the East Sooke Road
World Speed Record by some dude in a pickup truck who isisted on going 50K
in the 50K zone (sheesh!) and the recommended speed limit around the tight
corners :-(

It all turns out OK tho, as we pottered along at about 20MPH past the
photo-radar van.  Just goes to show ya!

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm