Re: Eat your hearts out, boys and girls!

To: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Eat your hearts out, boys and girls!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 01:21:58 -0500
Joseph Sholtes wrote:
> Truth is, when you scale things up realistically,  cars cost the same as now
>as they
> did then.

  I would say they are more expensive then they used
to be.

  It's hard to get any reasonable car for less than
$20,000CDN today. A university graduate in a decent
program would be reasonably content to get a job
paying $40,000 today.

  I would guess if you went back decade by decade, you
might find that a good solid first job for a middle class
educated person should pay more for than two fairly bottom
of the line but serviceable new cars.

  It has been said that in the 60s and 70s, a single income
family where the husband worked and the wife didn't had
about the same buying power as a typical two income family does
today.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca