Re: TR-4 Carpet

To: aephoto@mail.netacc.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-4 Carpet
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 13:55:23 EST
In a message dated 98-10-24 09:20:48 EDT, aephoto@mail.netacc.net writes:

> Though carpet
>  samples are readily available, they tell you nothing of the accuracy of the
>  patterns and the craftsmanship of the edge binding. Two areas on the TR-4
>  are the curve around the differential bump on the rear deck and the binding
>  around the gearshift boot. The original has a molded/die-cut vinyl trim
>  around the gearshift boot. This piece is not an issue on the 4A since it is
>  covered by the console.

Allen, TRF's carpet set has those vinyl trim pieces.  BUT wrong color.  I
bought a black one (they didn't have a charcoal grey one ) in '92 and have
been happy with it - although it is fading a bit.

>  Second, I would love to get Charcoal Grey. Moss is the only one to offer
>  that but it is a mixture of black and white fibers -- not even close. Does
>  anyone have a TR4 carpet they are happy with? Any other suppliers besides
>  Moss, TRF, VB?

If you find one please post to the list.  Next ime I replace mine I also want
charcoal with proper config.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L