VTR SE Regional in Ocala, Fl

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VTR SE Regional in Ocala, Fl
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 13:55:13 EST
Just got back from the VTR SE Regional.   Listers whom I (Art Kelly) saw were:

Tom Bolen
Bruce (and Linda) Britt (?) sorry about that if I'm wrong on the spelling
Tom Fansher and (his two sons Matt and Cameron)
Walt Lantz
Jim Macomber
Don Marshall
Carl Musson
Ken Nuelle (thanks for the TR4 ride with the O/D)
John Rossi
Fred Thomas (800+ miles from Va.)

All as nice in person as on the internet.  If I missed anyone - please excuse
and chalk it up to a "senior moment" on my part.  (Thanks to Joe curry for the
"list stickers" - made it easy to find each other.)

Great time at the convention.  Gold Coast Triumphs did a super job.  Weather
was gorgeous.  Autox, Funkhana and awards banquet were right on.  Rallye was
through some fantastic horse country, beautiful scenery - even if my navigator
and I took a wrong turn which cost us 20 extra miles on a 61 mile course.
Good thing they were not giving a booby prize.  :-).

CT 33118L purred like a kitten all the way there, while there, and back.  New
exhaust sounds great, brakes are fine.  I had a chance to drive in a TR4 with
O/D for the first time.  Wish I had gotten O/D in '64 when I bought the car.
Oh, Well.  It cost three weeks pay at the time.

Some great cars were there.  Long door TR2, beautiful -- many great TR3's, a
totally restored to new condition TR6 (color 19 - New White), several good
looking Stags and many others.  It was really neat to get up in the morning
and look from the balcony at a parking lot full of Triumphs.

I'm sure others will have a go at this.  But, as for Michele and me (and the
TR4) - we had a great time with some really nice people and cars.  See you all
next time.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner/daily driver again)