VTR SE Regional

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VTR SE Regional
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 05:33:37 EST
Hello all,

Got back yesterday afternoon from Ocala, and there must've been 500 messages
from the list on my computer. The show went very well and we had fantastic
weather to boot.
I got to finally shake the hands of a lot of people from this list, all were
as nice as I expected. I was busy most of the weekend as I was part of the
host club, but Art Kelly and I had a chance to put our TR4's next to each
other and compare them. The main difference was the brake light switch as I
recall. Sunday morning I had time to take him out on I-75 and experience a TR4
going 80 mph and only 3200 rpm. I figured the VTR consultant should know how a
TR4 with OD feels! Congrats Art on your trophy in the car show.
Fred Thomas (vafred) roared in late Wednesday in his beautiful red TR3 - over
800 miles from Virginia in one day! 800 miles is a lot to do in one day in a
TR3, I know! Fred got the long distance award I think and also picked up a
trophy in Concours. Good work, Fred!
A few more names come to mind this early Monday: Tom Fansher & sons, Carl
Musson, Walt Lanz, and Don Marshall, to name a few (I know I'm missing some
here!).
Also wish to mention that, without a doubt, a lot (in fact most) of the credit
for a great show goes to Phil and Gretchen Bacon, and Larry and Susan Miceli.
They have been conspiring together to put this show on for the last year or
so.
Also thanks to TRF for coming down and supporting the event. And I hope Dave
Hagenbuch is feeling better.
And finally I wish to thank all of the participants for coming and hope the
ride home was as uneventful and devoid of unwelcome excitement as mine was!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4