How to repair rip in conv top

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: How to repair rip in conv top
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:05:37 -0500 (EST)
My brother cruises into town while I was away and borrows the keys to the
MGB from my wife.  That was okay, but he decides that all you have to do
to get the top down is to undo the latches in front and then force the
whole thing back and down behind the seats.

Needless to say, I've now got a couple rips in the top, the biggest of
which is about 6 inches long and sits between the side vinyl window and
the driver's door window.  Is there some easy way to make an acceptable
repair that will last a couple years or should I just send my brother a
bill for a new top?

John Middlesworth