Re: Mission Accomplished (well sort of)

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Mission Accomplished (well sort of)
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:56:50 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:34 PM 10/25/98 -0600, Brad Kahler wrote:

Brad's latest TR fetching road trip escapade snipped

>A partial list of some of the good condition items includes :

The list of Brad's haul partially snipped

>4 new jack stands
>2 fire starter logs

I firmly believe one can never have enough jack stands. They alone would
make this a sweet deal. But...

Wow, two fire starter logs! Just think of the possibilities!!! You could
stuff all your "cars" into your garage. Sure, two TR3's, a TR4, a TR4A and
a Dodge truck will fit fine. Leave the Spit in the driveway. Make sure your
Insurance man is covering all "cars"...

Use the starter logs for their intended purpose, and drive your Spit to the
local Mickey D's for an Egg McMuffin. When your finish your second cup of
coffee, drive home in time to see the firemen save your house, but the
garage, well, it's a total loss. Sorry.

Last time I looked at Trader Online, I saw an ad for a $21,000 TR3. It has
100,000 miles and needs engine work. Since our LBC's are so precious, I'd
say you could make a good 60 or 70K, no sweat!

Wait, I just realized, they call this Insurance Fraud... Never mind...   ;-)

------------------

Obviously, this post is a joke. Brad, or any of the rest of us for that
matter,  would never consider such a thing... But, the $21,000 TR3... I am
dead serious. Here is the ad.

1958 TRIUMPH TR3, Car is in good cond.Compression in one cyl is low.
otherwise car runs and drives good. Great for restoration or daily driver
color: red/black mileage: 100, $21,000.00, (828) 632-7160
dwright@sandtech.net
Location: Taylorsville, NC

Pssssst, Brad... This one is not worth the trip!   ;-)  ;-)  ;-)
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 TR3B   TCF1927 L       Driver
 TR250  CD690 L         Soon to be Driver
 TR250  CD8096 L        Someday Driver
 TR250  CD1074 L        For Sale (soon!)

 Homepage         http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/