Re: TR3A Ignition timing

To: lermanis@netspace.net.au
Subject: Re: TR3A Ignition timing
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:06:27 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< It is at this point that I seek your assistance:

 If the hole in the crank shaft pulley is TDC for Number1 cylinder,how far
 along the circumference of the pulley would the 10 degree position be? I
 ask this with the hope that someone has had to do this calculation in the
 past. Also I presume the 10 degree BTDC mark would go to the right(ie
 Clockwise)of the TDC hole in the pulley.

 All suggestions appreciated.

 Chris Lermanis.
 TR3A 1958 >>

Elementary, my dear Watson!

Measure the diameter of the pulley, multiply by pi (3.1414 I believe), and
divide by 36.
Dividing by 360 will yield 1 degree.
Shoulda paid more attention in geometry class!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4
By the way if it isn't handy to measure the diameter for you I think I could
dig up an old pulley and measure it for you - let me know.