Re: Have I Sinned?

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Tom Winslow <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Have I Sinned?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:11:29 -0500
Tom Winslow writes:

>I have just added another LBC to the herd.

>About a month ago my wife and I were at the 'MG's On The Green' show at
>Davidson, North Carolina. We were showing our (SOB) 1966 TR4A IRS. As we
>walked among the LBCs deciding how to cast our votes, the wife (out of the
>blue) said she would like to have an MGB! As her personal car!

>Realizing that, if the wife ain't happy, I probably will never be able to
>buy another TR - I started looking. Found one - bought same.

>1980 MGB LE, 44,000 miles, one owner, original AC, hard top, spare tire
has
>never been on the ground, 100% original. Paid too much - she's happy -
what
>the hell. I'm happy - I think. Our agreement is that this will be her
>personal daily driver  - last car. Drive it until she is too old to drive
>any longer - My wife and her MG will be ONE.

>Now I can get to work on my two (2) TR250s!

>Thomas P. Winslow

This past summer I traded off one of my TR6's for a TR3 AND at the same
time I bought a TR8 (project).  I was afraid the wife might "put the
foot down" but instead she claimed the TR3 as HERS!  Well I always say
"if she's happy, I'm happy."  I think a feller is luck to be hitched to
a woman who is not only tolerant of LBC's but actually in the fold.  And
she says we can share the TR3.  She gets to drive it and I get to fix it!

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3
71 TR6