TR4 Manifold Assembly Help Needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Manifold Assembly Help Needed
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:34:08 +1300
Hey listers,

Will Daehler here.  I've been steadily wrenching all summer and fall
while most of you guys have been out driving.  My TR4 engine is almost
back together.  I'm at the point where I'm finally using the engine
stand and adding the peripheral stuff that is mounted with studs, gasket
dressing and gaskets.

I'm looking for the inside scoop on how to assemble the exhaust and
intake manifolds.  All my parts have been sand blasted, ground flat,
painted where appropriate, and generally cleaned up. And yes, I have my
tube of anti-seize ready.  There are eight copper studs of varying
lengths, and these funny little clamps that look like teeeter-totters.
Four little ones and two large ones.

Looking at the engine block from the side, with the flywheel to your
left and the timing chain to the right I will assign the following stud
location numbers:

Left to Right, Top Row:   1,2,3,4

                Bottom Row 5,6,7,8.

OK listers, which studs gets the big clamps, and which studs gets the
little ones?  Stud 5 looks like it helps hold the lifting eye, and stud
8 looks like it doesn't get a clamp.

Please help!

Will Daehler
63 TR4 CT25340