Re: TR3 Side Curtains

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Side Curtains
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:46:28 EST
In a message dated 98-10-26 13:37:09 EST, Brad.Kahler@141.com writes:

>The set that came with the most recent car has frames that are made out of
>aluminum.  Has the slide type windows and uses the earlier style of
>mounting with the thumb screw on the side.  Also this set of side curtains
>has an aluminum sheet metal lower portion that would normally have had
>the zippered opening to open the door from the inside.  I'm assuming that
>someone added this at a later date.  Was this second set producted by
>triumph or is it some kind of after market model?

Triumph never supplied aluminium sidecurtains.  I also have a set that came to
me, probably in the middle of the night !!  They are aluminium.  You will see
these sets advertised in old accessory catalogs of the era, like JCWhitney.
They don't fit as well as the steel.  The spring of the steel is required to
make a good seal.
Bob Paul