New Parts Failure

To: <TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Parts Failure
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:08:46 -0500
  A follow up to my note the other day.  The rear rubber diff mounts that I had
installed just last month failed after only 800 miles.  Upon removing them from
the car, the extent of the failure was worse than first thought.  On one, the
metal 'ears' that the bolts go through were well and truly bent.  The other one
was worse.  Not only were the 'ears' bent, but the metal had actually broken
and the rubber was split all the way around.  My mechanic contacted the
distributor (Moss) and told them of the failure.  They did offer credit for the
faulty parts.  We have gone ahead and installed polyeurathane bushings that we
got from British Parts North West - called 'em on Tuesday, told 'em what we
needed, and had the parts IN HAND by around 10:00 AM EST on Wednesday - That's
the way to do business!  The new parts are CONSIDERABLY stronger than the
others - the metal piece that runs across the middle is easily 2x as thick as
the ones we got from Moss and covers the whole area inside the bushing itself -
the one from Moss only had a thin lip of metal around the outside (this is
undoubtedly why it broke).  Forewarned is forearmed, and your mileage may
vary.  Later...

Dennis Culligan / '76 TR6 CF57948U / Highland
,NY
                          DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM