Re:

To: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Subject: Re:
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:40:28 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I'm into my gearbox again. The countershaft end float tolerances  are
quoted from the
 Bentley manual as 0.007 to 0.012 inches as the acceptable range. MIne is
0.013 /0.014
 inches. How many of you would accept this and continue on?  Would 0.002 or so
over
 create any problems?
                            Dennis
                            75 TR-6 >>

If you can find one, put a .006" or so thick washer onto the layshaft between
the spacer tube and one of the gears. I did this long ago on my TR4 trans and
no problems so far.
Of course a better tranny housing would be preferable.
Either of the above would be better than rebuilding with excessive play IMHO.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4