Testing a TR3 generator

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Testing a TR3 generator
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:10:29 -0800

I'm having some problems with the charging system on my TR3 and
after reading the manual I'd like to see if someone can verify
one of the tests it says to perform. The manual says to disconnect
the wires from the generator, connect a short piece of wire between
the two connectors on the generator, start the car and measure the
voltage between these connectors. For some reason I'm a bit concerned
about jumpering the connectors together. Seems like a short to me
me. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,
Drew

--