Re: Temporary storage

To: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: Temporary storage
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:18:17 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, "Mr. Mike" Passaretti wrote:

> Storage for my Land Rover has fallen through for the winter (I'm still
> sorting it out this year) and in light of the $80/month that the
> self-store places around here seem to want for a single-car space I was
> contemplating one of those "temporary garages" that you occasionally see
> in the hot rod magazines and such that are some sort of rigid frame and
> a fitted tarp, sometimes with zippered doors or the like.  Does anyone
> on the list have experience with such things, good or bad, store-bought
> or home-made?

The prefabbed ones seem to be pretty good.  If you get lots of snow in
your area you'll have to keep it clean (they do cave in)

My TR4 was covered by a tarp-on-a-frame... the frame looked like EMT to my
eyes.  It collapsed after 3 years or so.  Right now it has a carport, and
will have to wait until I'm rich & famous (or maybe just rich) before I
can get the climate controlled garage...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm