Re: Temporary Storage

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Temporary Storage
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:46:06 -0500
Cc: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
I had good luck with a quanset hut/greenhouse style cover I made for my
dad's MG TD (couldn't stand to see the poor thing sit under a tree for
another year).

I made a rectrangular, slightly-bigger-than-car-size wooden frame, and made
semicircular bows of 1" PVC pipe at 2' intervals, which I covered with
plastic sheeting, held down with wire to keep it from billowing. It also
has a PVC ridge pole connected between the bows with X fittings (tees at
the ends).

For a Land Rover you might need some vertical sections under the bows.

For more hints look at the library (or perhaps on the internet) for plans
for cheap home-made greenhouses.
 My total cost including the plastic sheeting was under $40, but I didn't
put in a door.

>Storage for my Land Rover has fallen through for the winter (I'm still
>sorting it out this year) and in light of the $80/month that the
>self-store places around here seem to want for a single-car space I was
>contemplating one of those "temporary garages" that you occasionally see
>in the hot rod magazines and such that are some sort of rigid frame and
>a fitted tarp, sometimes with zippered doors or the like.  Does anyone
>on the list have experience with such things, good or bad, store-bought
>or home-made?
>                                                               -MM

---
Ted Stevens