TR4A Project For Sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A Project For Sale
From: John Richardson <johnr@intellicorp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:44:20 -0800
Hi listeners, I hate to do this, but if there is interest out there it is
the right decision at this time.

I have been making way too little progress on this project over the last
two years.  Although I love the car and firmly believe the best way to
obtain a perfect Triumph is to find an unmolested original and restore it,
I must admit I do not have the time to do this.

The state of the project is as follows:

I have a 1966 TR4A (IRS).  The car is straight and completely rust free, in
fact amazingly so for a car of this type and vintage.  The car is in Bay
Area, CA.  I have completely disassembled the engine and suspension and
removed the frame from the body.  All frame repairs (ie strengthening the
weak points in the rear) have been made, and the frame has been completely
sand blasted. Additionally, about 75% of the suspension pieces have been
bead blasted.

The car is complete and the "project comes with the remains of a TR250 that
I have parted out, including an extra transmission, complete suspension,
rear-end, drive train, and other misc. TR250 parts.

I've also purchased $700 of new Moss parts, high performance camshaft,
engine gasket set, bushings, etc. that are included.

The car comes with 5 disc wheels and 5 wire wheels, no Surrey or O/D.  The
car has no commission numbers, it has a CA DMV tag instead, no doubt a
theft recovery or something of that nature during its life, no title either.

I will part the car out, but only after selling the tub as I have no desire
to store the bulky parts of an incomplete car.

I'm asking $2,200 for the whole project.

Now if I can't sell it I really do need to get a garage, anyone know of one
in the Bay area?

John