RE: TR6 Keeps Quitting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR6 Keeps Quitting
From: bruce.crouter.fi0@govmail.gov.sk.ca
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:31:02 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I have been chasing a problem with my 75TR6 for a couple of years.  At
highway speeds I often lose about 1/3 of my horsepower and can barely hold 60
MPH with the peddle to the floor.  I have a new fuel pump and filter, coil,
ignition wires, vacuum lines, etc., and opening the gas cap doesn't help.
 The response below interested me because I suspect my fuel lines but at idle
the fuel pressure is above spec. (5 psi if I remember right).  Is it possible
that I have a partially blocked line that only impacts the fuel pressure at
higher levels of fuel flow?

Bruce Crouter
Saskatchewan, Canada