Re: Slapping my knock-offs

To: LLong@Kollmorgen.com
Subject: Re: Slapping my knock-offs
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:55:50 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I'm trying to get the chrome, two eared knock-offs removed from my TR4's
 wire wheels.  I've gone through two rubber mallets.  Then made a mess of
 kindling by placing 8 inch lengths of 2x2's on the ear and then hitting the
 2x2 with a 18 pound sledge.  I really don't feel right moving on to plan C -
 hitting the knock-off directly with the sledge.  Any one have a proven cure
 - these puppies are really on there.

 Tom Long

Tom
I have to ask, you are spinning in the correct direction?
The spinners on one side are reverse thread.
If not the obvious, and if you suspect corrosion try hitting them with a shot
of Blaster or some kind of penetrating oil a couple of times for a day. Let
the stuff soak in, then try again.
An 18 lb sledge will turn these things into mincemeat, but that may be what
you have to do to get them off. New ones aren't that expensive.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4