Re: Slapping my knock-offs

To: LLong@Kollmorgen.com
Subject: Re: Slapping my knock-offs
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 21:30:25 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> 'm trying to get the chrome, two eared knock-offs removed from my TR4's
>  wire wheels.  I've gone through two rubber mallets.  Then made a mess of
>  kindling by placing 8 inch lengths of 2x2's on the ear and then hitting the
>  2x2 with a 18 pound sledge.  I really don't feel right moving on to plan C
-
>  hitting the knock-off directly with the sledge.  Any one have a proven cure
>  - these puppies are really on there.

Tom, careful here.  Try WD40 with the little plastic extender or Nutbuster.
Spray it on and WAIT.  Maybe a day or so.  Do not use a sledge - it will ruin
the "knockoff" and maybe the splines on the hub adapter.  Go to the VTR web-
site and see my 2 articles on wire wheels for more info.  Any other questions
- pls. come back to me. Cheers.

Art Kelly