Re: Slapping my knock-offs

To: Editorgary@aol.com, LLong@Kollmorgen.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Slapping my knock-offs
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 21:30:30 EST
In a message dated 98-10-31 18:00:44 EST, Editorgary@aol.com writes:

> You need to get one of those really neat lead hammers that British Wire
> Wheels
>  (one of our advertisers) sells.  Unless those puppies are welded on with
>  corrosion, you should be able to knock them loose without marring them
>  seriously.  If that won't do it, then you may have to use the standard
>  solutions for any nut/bolt that is corroded together.
>  Once you do get them off, be sure you put a little grease on the threads to
>  make sure you don't have the problem again.
>  Cheers
>  Gary Anderson
>  Editor, British Car Magazine

Tom, in addition to putting out a great magazine, Gary is right about the
wheels.  Once you get the wheels off, be sure to clean the splines on both the
wheels and the hub adapters and grease them.  Then get a proper hammer - steel
is too hard and rubber is too soft.  Lead or hard leather is proper.  The
original hammer for my wheels is lead.  Cheers.

Art  Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner/factory pick-up/wire wheels
always)