!#$%**&@#$ Hubs!

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: !#$%**&@#$ Hubs!
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:23:00 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
HELP!

As some of you may remember, I am trying to take my rear hubs apart to
rebuild them (I know some of you think I should just buy new ones, but that
isn't an option). I have built a hub puller that I think should work very
well. It is an old wire wheel adapter that I have had capped and two nuts
welded on. I used a hardened bolt as the crank. I bolt the hub onto the
adaptor (to eliminate the risk of bending the flange), and crank down until
it won't give anymore. Then I give it a few really good hits with a hammer.
No go. So I put WD-40 on it, let it soak, still no luck. Yesterday I got
Liquid Wrench. Still no luck. I tried heating up the flange and hub today
(and avoiding heating up the shaft), and still no luck. Are there any other
ideas out there? I am at a point where this now needs to be done, as I am
ready to rehang the diff and put back in the rear suspension. I want to do
it all at once, if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt.2284