Re: Waxoyl/White spirit

To: "INTERNET:jmccarr@iwaynet.net" <jmccarr@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: Waxoyl/White spirit
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:01:19 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
        Jack,

        I'll keep you posted on the fumes, my garage still smells strongly.

I'm keeping the temp in there up at 65 deg just to speed evaporation. I
really wouldn't use anything more volatile than Paint Thinner, since you
are going to breathe a lot of fumes one way or another.

        I bought the Waxoyl "starter kit" and used the pump and nozzles
that
came with it. They are not perfect, but they do the job. I heated the
Waxoyl for
an hour in hot water (immersed the can) before using. If I had it all to do
over again, I would thin the Waxoyl much more with the "Mineral Spirit",
perhaps even 50/50 for frame work. Straight out of the can is fine for
wheel
wells or the trunk/boot, but I was mostly spraying inside the frame.

        Here's a tip that I offer reluctantly, since it makes me out to be
an
idiot: If you do use the sprayer, be aware that it has a "locked on"
function
that is not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. If you press the
sprayer all the way down, it will stay on. It's a simple, but not intuitive
matter to turn it off. I was laying under the car when I discovered I could
not
stop the Waxoyl flow. Picture it.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic

P.S. In the US, Moss has Waxoyl in stock, and TRF told me just yesterday
that "we haven't been able to get any for two years" when I tried to order
a refill.