Spitfire, TR6 or TR7

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire, TR6 or TR7
From: Scott Hollis <jawa@capital.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 17:53:41 -0500
Not intending a flame war but I've got a question that I need help on.
I've got a chance to buy a mint '79 TR7, no rust, never driven in the
rain(or at least, not too much ;-)) with 14,000 miles. However, I've
been getting the impression that owning a TR7 is not the way to go i.e.
low power output, not very collectible, parts hard to come by etc...

My question, is this a correct impression? Should I pass this up and go
with a more collectible model(TR6, Spitfire)? Are parts plentiful for
these vehicles? I've noticed there are plenty of restoration books out
there for them. I should mention that I'm new to restoration work hence
this is why the TR7 is so attractive to me(that, and it's a two seater
Triumph!!!).

Any info. is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott
'99 Nomad
'79 Triumph Bonneville
'?? Triumph < fill in the blank > convertible