TR6 Oil Pressure Line

To: 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Oil Pressure Line
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 18:11:27 -0500
Folks,

Changed the oil now the car is on the road once again in a still cold, but
snow and salt free mid-Michigan.  Today changed the plugs and took the car
round the block.  Got back to the house and saw a really large puddle of
Castrol GTX that then trailed off into the distance. Lept out and looked
under the bonnet to see oil flowing pretty freely from the oil pressure
gauge line.

I removed the line, and have temporarily plugged the block outlet with a
BSP plug (Ace Hardware believe it or not ....), so the car is mobile, but
is there a way to refit the connector to the hose?  I tried heating with a
propane torch and ended up with a lot of black lastic melted ... boiling
water didn't do a thing apart from get my hands too hot for comfort.

Any thoughts?  Or should I just reach for the catalogs?

Thanks,

Tony Gordon
72 TR6, Midland, MI