RE: frozen clutch and brake pedals

To: "'Lftlesl@aol.com'" <Lftlesl@aol.com>
Subject: RE: frozen clutch and brake pedals
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:59:59 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Les :

If the pedals don't move at all, then most likely the pivot pin under the
dash is rusted up.  Although not urgent, repair will require removing the
pedal assembly from the car, and should be done before any painting IMO.
 Since some of the bolts are common with the master cylinder bracket, this
is a good time to remove it as well, for cleaning and painting.  This area
gets a lot of rust, due to the effect of brake fluid on paint.

If the pedals move a little (1/4"), the problem is most likely in the
master cylinders, but it seems unlikely they would both seize at once ...

Randall

On Tuesday, March 02, 1999 8:18 AM, Lftlesl@aol.com [SMTP:Lftlesl@aol.com]
wrote:

> Dear List-
> While undertaking a painfully slow restoration of my TR3B, I try to keep
> everything working as much as I can -- turning over the engine, etc.
Recently
> I tried to press the brake and clutch pedals, and found them both frozen.
Is