Re: frozen clutch and brake pedals

To: Lftlesl@aol.com
Subject: Re: frozen clutch and brake pedals
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:37:35 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/2/99 11:20:22 AM EST, Lftlesl@aol.com writes:

<< While undertaking a painfully slow restoration of my TR3B, I try to keep
 everything working as much as I can -- turning over the engine, etc. Recently
 I tried to press the brake and clutch pedals, and found them both frozen. Is
 this anything I should worry about, should I do anything about it now, or
 should I wait until I get to the hydrolics in my rebuild?
 TIA
 Les Landon >>

I take it you mean the pedals themselves are frozen? and they are not attached
to any master cylinders?
If so you should certainly remove the pedal assembly and free it up before you
start on any hydraulics. Hopefully the master cyl & reservoir are not in yet.
Very simple matter to R & R the pedals and related parts. In all liklihood
just needs a little clean and lubrication.
If the pedals don't move on account of a frozen master cyl, well you know
where to begin when you get 'round to it!
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4