RE: OD adjustment

To: randall young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD adjustment
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:37:31 -0500
Hmmm,  Thank you for the extra info.  My understanding of the operation was
incomplete.  So,  we can't adjust the _speed_ of the solenoid, closure, and
we can't effectively adjust the valve since it is a bypass, and needs to close
completely in order to fuction properly.  I guess we can adjust the operating
pressure....

I agree that brisk clutch engagement (OD or main) results in the least clutch
wear.  We also need to consider the stresses to the rest of the system.  My
OD is improved since adjustment (but maybe not closing the bypass valve fully),
but I still get quite a snap of the head when at mid-range throttle settings.
I figure that the "snap" of the engagement can't be good for the rest of the
drive train.  Maybe I need to adjust the opreating pressure valve...... (just a
little)

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net