Re: TR-4A - 4.28 rear end; what gives?

To: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
Subject: Re: TR-4A - 4.28 rear end; what gives?
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:29:08 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, jfcowan@earthlink.net
Hi all,

Yes the competition manual does reference a ratio used in the works
cars, but that was a 4.55:1 ratio! It is recommended to be used with
O/D, for racing purposes the 4.1:1 was recommended. I would bet there
were a wide variety of ratios (aftermarket) around with all the track
time these cars saw.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L