RE: OD adjustment

To: Howard Winkler <howard.winkler@mci.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD adjustment
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:20:32 -0500
Message text written by Howard Winkler
>have always flipped the OD lever at an engine rev point  a little above what
>it would fall
>to in OD. The shift is smooth and I ASSUME easy on the car.<

Howard, thanks for the input.
I am not sure what you mean by the first sentence above.  I am not being
sarcastic,
but isn't the rev point always "a little above what it would fall to in OD"?
Clearly, my rusting brain fails to understand what you mean (not that you failed
to say what you mean).

As for the shift being smooth, you have a PROPERLY adjusted OD.  You have what
we are all lusting (and adjusting) for!  I never had an OD when it was new, so I
can not attest to what it is supposed to be like, but you should not have to
_accelerate_ in order to induce OD clutch slip to reduce the snap of engagement.
In the same manner, you should not have your neck broken when it engages, no
matter what rev point or gear you use!!!  Actually, my neck is not in jeopardy,
but I am not so sure about my drivetrain!

-Tony