Rear hub grease seals

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear hub grease seals
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:47:45 -0600 charset="iso-8859-1"
Question: on the rear hub assemblies for the TR250, there is an inner and
outer grease seal. Are they the same size? The reason I ask is that I went
to a my local auto parts dealer, and they only sold the inner seal, and
didn't show an application for an outer one.

Also, rebuilt my front brakes last night. Was a little concerned about what
to do to get the cylinders out, as the book says to use a low pressure air
line, and I don't have a compressor. But I was very pleased to find that: my
tire pump clamps right onto the bleeder screw, and that the fitting I took
off of my steering rack (replaced it with a grease nipple to make it easier
to service later) fits perfectly into the place that the brake pipe goes.
Couple of pumps, and twenty years of crud and unuse make no difference!

Life if great.

Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt.2284