Re: Carbs

To: NaborsS@vmcmail.com
Subject: Re: Carbs
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:09:27 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/5/99 11:08:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
NaborsS@VMCMAIL.com writes:

<< Wayne,
 I noticed your car has New Tan interior.  Is this the tan like I've seen
 in the Vicky Brit magazines (featuring a light tan on emerald or mallard
 paint or BRG TR6)?  It looks real cool.  I've got an emerald green '74
 with the old original dark tan/reddish brown interior with black
 carpeting. >>

Steve,
My car has the original "New Tan" (also called Peanut Brittle) Interior, not
the "non-original" light tan shown in Vicky Brit. My carpets are a light
brown, but all my vinyl "New Tan" is the original 25 year old material, it is
a little darker than the one pictured in the magazine.
I think the Tan you have is called "Chestnut".
I also think that the lighter tan looks great, but my car is in excellent
shape and I try to keep it as original as possible. I am, however thinking of
replacing my carpets, since mine are somewhat faded from the sun.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best deal on "New Tan" interior carpet kit?

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan