Carbs

To: <glen.murdoch@gat.com>
Subject: Carbs
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:03:27 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Glen,

I can't help with needle size, since I simply bought the whole rebuild kit
from TRF, which came with the correct needles.  But if you're replacing the
needles due to a rich mixture, you ought to also replace the jets, which can
wear out too.  The hole becomes oversize.  An indication of a too-rich
mixture can be that you can't adjust the idling speed down as slow as the
books say.  I couldn't adjust mine below 1000 rpm, no matter what I did.
The problem can also be caused by worn shafts and bushings, allowing air to
get in.  I sent mine out to Apple Hydraulics for machining, and new bushings
and shafts put in.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B